The Institute for the Hispanic Family
The Institute for the Hispanic Family is an invaluable resource of services available to Spanish-speaking residents in Greater Hartford. People from all faiths and backgrounds are welcome to participate in programs that serve senior citizens, children, families, and anyone in need of assistance for problems associated with behavioral health or a lack of basic needs.
IHF is at 45 Wadsworth St. in Hartford. The number is 860-527-1124.
Haga clic aquí para leer esta página en español.
The center is essentially a neighborhood hub where adults and children can receive assistance to help them lead happier, healthier lives.
- A Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic offers behavioral health and primary care, substance use treatment, case management, and more.
- Licensed clinicians help clients cope with problems associated with substance use, depression, anxiety, anger management, trauma, grief and loss, and other mental health issues.
- A Hispanic Senior Center offers enriching and rewarding programs and services, including opportunities to socialize, engage in recreational activities, develop new learning experiences, and emphasize health and wellness.
- An accredited School Readiness program prepares children ages 3-5 for success in kindergarten and later school years. An Early Head Start program promotes language, learning and development for infants and toddlers.
- People seeking assistance with simple basic needs can visit a food pantry and find support and friendship in a safe environment. The lobby of the building is also a warming center for people needing shelter when temperatures drop to dangerous levels.
- The center also hosts an assistance and support program for a community of seniors from Southeast Asia, primarily Laos, living in Greater Hartford.
Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic
In partnership with Charter Oak Health Center and others, we are excited to build upon our record of providing high quality care to people whose primary language in their household is Spanish. Our Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic at the Institute for the Hispanic Family (45 Wadsworth Street, Hartford) provides the following:
- Comprehensive mental health and substance abuse treatment (Tratamiento integral de salud mental y abuso de sustancias)
- Medical services (Servicios médicos)
- Bilingual Clinical Staff (Personal clínico bilingüe)
- Bilingual Case Management and Peer Recovery Specialists (Manejadores de Caso bilingües y Especialistas en Recuperación bilingües)
- Psychoeducational and Clinical Groups (Grupos psicoeducativos y clínicos)
- On-site pharmacy (Farmacia en el lugar)
- Armed Forces and Veterans services (Servicios para las Fuerzas Armadas y Veteranos)
Latino Outreach Program
Operated out of IHF, this unique, community-based outreach program is designed to engage and connect Latinos living in our community with a comprehensive array of human services.
Genoa Healthcare Pharmacy
Genoa Healthcare inside IHF is open and ready to serve our clients, including meeting with your doctor by phone or video. The pharmacy:
- Fills ALL medications (not just for our Behavioral Health clients)
- Mails all medications (at no extra cost), offers FREE delivery or you can pick them up at curbside
- Organizes pills based on the date and time you need to take them, making it easy to stay on track
- Helps you transfer prescriptions from other pharmacies
Please contact a Genoa pharmacist at (860) 920-5433.