Parenting Education Program (PEP)
PEP coursework is designed to educate parents about the impact of a divorce or separation on their children. The 6-hour in-person course takes place during evening and weekend hours. Virtual classes are split into two 3-hour sessions.
All parties involved in divorce, dissolution of a civil union, annulment, separation, custody or visitation cases are required by law to participate. If you have children under age 18, you must participate in a parenting education program within sixty (60) days after a family case is led in court. Classes are open to Catholics and non-Catholics.
Below are locations and dates for classes.
Click the city or virtual to fill out a registration form.
- Torrington: Jan. 7, Feb. 25, March 25, April 22, May 20, June 24
- Hartford: Jan. 14, Feb. 11, March 11, April 15 (changed from April 8), May 13, June 10
- Hartford (Español): Jan. 7, Feb. 4, March 4, April 1, May 6, June 3
- New Haven: Jan. 28, Feb. 25, March 25, April 29, May 20, June 24
- Virtual: April 6/13 (filled), May 11/18 (filled), June 8/15, July 13/20, Aug. 10/17, Sept. 7/14
- Waterbury: Jan. 14, Feb. 11, March 11, April 15 (changed from April 8), May 13, June 10
Filling out a form does not guarantee a spot in a specific class. You will receive an email after payment and registration are complete.
Cost is $150 and payment is due in advance. We accept credit cards, cash or money orders.
To submit your payment, click here.
Payment will secure your participation in a Catholic Charities PEP class, but does not guarantee the date you selected.
Through PEP, participants help children to adjust in a healthy way as a result of divorce or living apart from a parent. Classes include information about:
- Children’s developmental stages
- Helping children to adjust to parent separation
- Cooperative parenting
- Dispute resolution techniques
- Guidelines for visitation
- Stress reduction for children
For more information, email email@example.com.